Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it"

I don't know why I keep coming back to abortion related posts. I've never considered myself an activist about the topic! For some reason, I just keep reading things that I want to share. This blog post is from the Stand To Reason ministry, and it explores the difference between stating our opinions in a void and considering the impact of the words on those around us. I never want to hurt people when I share my theological, philosophical or comi-cal views on a subject, but it certainly can happen easily.

http://str.typepad.com/weblog/2007/06/why-i-chose.html

"I think part of this second article reveals why it's so hard to change people's minds about abortion after they've experienced one. Consider her reaction to a pro-life statement: When President Bush talked about "defending the life of the innocent," she could only hear him "calling [her] a baby killer.""


"She reacts strongly and fights against it, for she hears every word spoken for the unborn as an accusation against her, personally."


Wow. What a reminder to me to lead my life with a full measure of grace.

No comments: